Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
It is not too late to start honoring God in your dating life, even if you have already crossed this boundary.
- Admit you messed up.
- Stop doing it.
- Draw better boundaries.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. 4Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor—not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.
See Also: Dating
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- If you have had sex before marriage, who do you trust and respect enough to tell? How do you think they’ll react?
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:18. What do you think it means to be “sexually immoral”? Why is different than other sins?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5. God teaches us to “control our own bodies in holiness and honor”. What does the culture encourage us to do?
- Read Hebrews 13:4. What does it mean to keep the marriage bed “undefiled”? Are you committed to doing it? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend committed?
- Make a list of some boundaries you need to draw in order to not cross over the line again. Share that list with a mentor or friend.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.