Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Pastor Matt Chandler calls out men on their responsibility to go all in at home.
- Men are designed for work.
- Without work, men will struggle with excess energy.
- Men should work with a purpose.
Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen. –Jerome K. Jerome
See Also: Just for Men, Leading at Home, Marriage, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever measured what you have done in a day vs. what your wife has done? Is that kind of thinking helpful or harmful? Explain.
Pastor Matt states that not enough men are going to bed tired at night. What does he mean by this? Do you find that you go to be tired or with energy?
- How do social media, video games, and entertainment/technology affect our energy levels? Explain.
How does God’s plan for work go beyond your 9-5 job? How is interacting with your wife and kids part of your God-given job?
What does it mean that a “bored man is a dangerous man?” What kind of sins or sin patterns can a bored man fall into?
How has this topic changed your perception of “free time” at home? Are you concerned you will burn out by being engaged at home and sacrificing your free time? Explain.
Have you been”punting” on the responsibilities at home that God calls you to do? How is this going to change moving forward?
What does it mean that “rest is found in Christ?” What does that look like?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Men 101 series. This topic is adapted from the Tyler Moffett YouTube channel.