Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- There is never a point you’re too deep into something that you can’t come back. God can bring back people from the dead, so he can help you get out of sin and temptation.
- Figure out your triggers. What sparks your desire to seek porn? When have you been most vulnerable?
- Think ahead. If you know what your triggers are, you can work to avoid them.
- Get outside. If you’re away from internet access and you’re not alone in your room with the door locked, it’s basically impossible to look up porn.
- God does not want us to battle through struggles on our own. He wants to be there with us as we overcome challenges. He gives us the power to do this, but we have to seek him. (1 Corinthians 10:13.)
- Don’t keep your electronics in your room. If your phone, laptop, or tablet aren’t near you, neither is your ability to use those things to get to porn.
- Admit to God that you have a problem. Admitting the problem is the first step toward healing.
1 Corinthians 10:13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.