Do you know what poison is? It’s stuff in your house that can really hurt you if you eat it or drink it. Usually, it’s marked with a scary symbol. Stay away! Did you know the Bible says you should also be careful about speaking words that are poisonous? Have you ever said this: “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” It’s not true!
Words Can Bring ______ or _______.
Words can either help or hurt people. They can heal or injure. This is why the Bible says that words bring life or death. They can build you up, or tear you down.
Proverbs 18:21 The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
Use Your Words to _______ ________ Every Chance You Get.
The Bible says that once you have become a Christian, you have the power to use your words to help others. Use kind words with your brothers and sisters, your parents, and your friends at school. Let your words bring life. Don’t let them be poisonous!
God Can _________ You With Your Words.
Being careful about what you say is hard! You can’t do it on your own. You need God’s help. Words can get you into trouble, and they can hurt people around you. Once you speak words, you can’t take them back!
James 3:5-6 But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And among all the parts of the body, the tongue is a flame of fire…It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.
So, kids, be careful with what you say. Don’t speak poisonous words!
Answers: Life, Death, Help Others, Help Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- What’s the nicest thing someone has said about you lately? How did that make you feel?
- How can our words bring life to others? What does it mean that our words can mean death?
- How can you use your words to build up people in your life?
- Read Ephesians 4:29. Why shouldn’t we use mean language? What are some things we can say that would be helpful and encouraging to others?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]