You remember what poison is, right? It’s stuff in your house that can really hurt you if you eat it or drink it. Usually, it’s marked with a scary symbol. Stay away! Did you know the Bible says you should also stay away from people who are poisonous?
The Bible _____ About Bad Friends
God uses relationships in our lives in important ways. But some relationships are poisonous! The kids you hang around with will affect you so you have to be careful. They can have a bad influence on you. Memory verse!
Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
Bad friends are like drops of food coloring in clear water: they spread their influence through the whole glass.
Be Careful About 3 Kinds of Bad Friends:
- ________ Friends. They are judgmental and critical, always complaining and blaming other people for their own mistakes.
- ________ Friends. They are pushy and mean, always making kids do what they want and never listening to other opinions.
- ________ Friends. They always try to get you to go against your values and even disobey your parents.
Learn to Say “_____” to Bad Friendships
If poisonous people want to hang around, just politely tell them “no”. Don’t be mean or rude, but be clear. Saying “no” may seem selfish, but it is actually very loving. It can help another kid realize that they have a problem and maybe they’ll want to change.
Answers: Warns, Negative, Controlling, Tempting, No Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Describe a good friend. Describe a bad friend. What can happen if you only have bad friends?
- Give some examples of a negative friend. Why is that kind of friend harmful to you?
- Do you have friends that always have to be the “boss”? Why is that kind of friend harmful to you?
- Do you have friends that tempt you to do things you know you shouldn’t do? Why is that kind of friend harmful to you?
- Why do you need to choose your friends wisely?
- Read Proverbs 27:17. What does it mean to sharpen someone? How can you sharpen your friends?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]