Everything in science supports the principle of cause and effect, and that the effects cannot be bigger than the causes. This is contrary to atheistic assumptions.
The Uniqueness of Earth
Our planet occupies a special place and time in the universe for two reasons.
- This is the safest place in the universe, the one location where advanced life can survive and thrive.
- This is also the one place where a clear view of the universe is possible. It is the darkest place in universe where light can be seen. Psalm 19:1 says that the heavens declare the glory of God. Earth is the only one place in universe where the whole story of universe can be observed.
Why Some Scientists Reject Atheism
Many prominent atheist scientists have become Christians, and they commonly express four evidences:
- Creation of the universe. There must be an agent beyond space and time who created what exists.
- Design of the universe. To be so finely-tuned as to make complex life possible, the universe must have been designed with intention.
- Origin of life. There is no possible naturalistic pathway from non-life to life.
- Origin of human beings. Starting with single-celled life, and assuming optimum evolutionary conditions, the odds of complex multi-cellular life developing are essentially zero.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What did you learn that you haven’t heard before?
- Who would you like to share this information with? How are you planning to do that?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.