Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- Some people have a deep need for affirmation. This can become unhealthy if it isn’t kept in check.
- Assess your need. Needing affirmation is not a weakness, but it is important to understand for yourself where it comes from so that it doesn’t become a controlling influence.
- Ask for affirmation. Chances are, the people in your world are not mind-readers. They might not know you need affirmation, and it might not even be on their radar.
- Learn to find affirmation from God. Make a habit of reading the Bible and receiving what it says about you. This is the most powerful affirmation you can experience.
- Be affirming. As you put yourself in the place of affirming others, not only are you building other people up, but you will find that it builds you up as well.
Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
See Also: Emotions