Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Christians are supposed to “walk by the Spirit” after they trust Jesus for salvation. But how does that translate into everyday habits?
- Walking by the spirit is relationship-based.
- Walking by the spirit looks a certain way.
- Walking by the spirit requires one actual choice at a time.
Galatians 5:25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
See Also: Habits, Holy Spirit, Spiritual Disciplines
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Name a person who was radically changed after coming to faith in Jesus. Describe the change.
- Name one or two things that changed in your life after you became a Christian. How long did it take for those things to change?
- What’s the difference between relationship-based life change and rule-based change?
- Look at the fruits of the Spirit from Galatians 5. Which one is easiest for you? Which one is hardest?
- Name one or two things that haven’t changed in your life, even though you know they should have. Why has it been difficult to change those things?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the New Believers 101 series.