Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Everyone sins, and in many cases even our responses to sin can be sinful. Here are 10 examples.
10 Sinful Responses:
- Minimizing Sin
- Legitimizing Sin (Romans 6:1-2)
- Rationalizing Sin
- Blame-shifting (Genesis 3:11-13)
- Diversionary Tactics
- Partial Confession
- Worldly Grief (2 Corinthians 7:10)
- Mere Confession
- Codifying Sin
Be killing sin or sin will be killing you. – John Owens
See Also: Addiction, Sin
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Which of these ten responses have you seen in others? Explain.
- Read Romans 6:1-2. Have you ever tried to legitimize your sin? What was the result?
- Read Genesis 3:11-13. Who did the blame-shifting here, and what was the result?
- Read 2 Corinthians 7:10. What is the difference between “worldly grief” and “godly grief?”
- Which of these ten responses do you need to watch out for in your life? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.